Tuesday, December 22, 2009

HOW TO FIND A GOOD HAIR STYLIST BY CHEVON SHARPS

I have been told by my clients new and old that I'm a good hairstylist. I just took it as a compliment and never really gave it that much thought. But, after 2 of my clients recently relocated to other states it was brought to my attention again. Not only are they juggling with the idea of settling into a new place along with life outside of California, which appear to be the least of their concern, they are on a weekly pursuit in search of a hairstylist. Not just any ole' hairstylist but a GOOD hairstylist. How do you find one?
jQuery('.intro .thumbnail').each(function(i,e){
jQuery(e).find('img').one('error',function(){ jQuery(e).remove(); });
});

Email
Print Article
Add to Favorites
Flag Article


Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions
Things You'll Need:
time
a pen and paper
a computer
your car
patience
Step 1
First lets determines what you think is a good hairstylist. Many express what they don't like but lets express what we do. For example I love a great shampoo this would be one of my qualifications in my determining what makes a good hairstylist. I also really care about products that are used. Panteen Prov isn't gonna cut it for me. So take a second and write out a list that reflects all of your qualifications in other words things you like and want in your GOOD hairstylist.
Step 2
Second location location location, how far are you willing to travel. Unfortunately there may not be a salon around the corner from your house so you will have to commute. I would be willing to travel up to 15 miles one way a total of 30 miles. Also, what day of the week would you prefer to get your hair done? I love Tuesday.
Step 3
Once you've determined that think of your friends and family is there anyone who's hair looks great all the time? If so start there ask where they get there hair done and ask questions regarding your list; does he/she give a great shampoo? What type of products does he/she use? You will be surprised at how honest they will be if they like or don't like their stylist. On the flip side if you do not know of anyone with great hair turn on your computer. Google search engine is great you can look up any and everything. With that being said SEARCH! I feel like this I am a hairstylist and just as much work as I put into doing my clients hair I do just as much with my blog and my Ehow. This too is a great way to find a good hairstylist.
Step 4
Now that we have some potentials the true test can be given. I don't like calling some one I don't know about setting up an appointment why you may ask? The answer is because money and my hair are involved two very important things. If the stylist is referred to me I'm going to go in when the person who referred me has their appointment to do 2 important things. 1. See the salon 2. See how the stylist approaches me. First impressions are important and we as hairstylist know that. If I've gone on an internet hunt I will go into the salon on a busy day on purpose. To first see how busy the stylist I've chosen is and also to see his/her approach towards me. At that time I will determine if I'm going to set up an appointment. If I'm not on to the next. You have your list so you know what you want keep looking.
Step 5
After going to either the personal referral or the internet referral you are still not happy don't quit or give up think of it as dating. Search again you are bound to find someone. I speak from experience I haven't always done hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME

Thanks for looking at my blog. Here you will find things about me and life, Also if you like to be a guest blogger just ask. I am always looking for new folks to help.

Sigma Makeup

My New WebSite

My New WebSite
click the picture to go to site

Followers

Powered By Blogger

My weigh loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter